Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lupus Maximus

I was impatiently tinkering with the wolves list again today, and I thought I'd try ditching the terminators for an assault cannon/heavy flamer venerable dreadnought in a drop pod. He can help me get first turn choice, which means all the other units have a better chance at closing with the enemy or grabbing last minute objectives, depending on the situation. Plus it lets me buy two more blood claws, upgrade one of the wolf scouts to a wolf guard with a power fist, and fit the attack bikes back in. It does mean I have to run the 2 landspeeders as a single squadron, which sucks, but I think the extra firepower could be worth it. Still, 9 scoring units, 36 infantry... yeesh. Fairly low margin of error - any shooty army worth its salt could just go to town if I fucked up in the slightest.

HQ

Alder Hurd (Venerable Dreadnought) - assault cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor
Drop Pod

Dmitri Lutwig (Rune Priest) - frost blade, wolf pelt, runic staff, chooser of the slain, frag grenades

Hakr Varghoss (WGBL) - frost blade, wolf pelt, bolt pistol, frag grenades

5 Wolf Scouts - 2 plasma pistols, 1 meltagun, 2 power weapons, frag grenades
Wolf Guard Leader - power fist, bolt pistol

9 Grey Hunters - 2 power fists, 1 plasma pistol/ccw, 7 bolters, 1 meltagun
Rhino - smoke launchers, extra armor

9 Grey Hunters - 2 power fists, 1 plasma pistol/ccw, 7 bolters, 1 meltagun
Rhino - smoke launchers, extra armor

9 Blood Claws - 2 power fists, flamer, jump packs
Wolf Guard Leader - power fist, bolt pistol, wolf pelt, jump pack, frag grenades

2 Landspeeders - multimeltas, heavy flamers

2 Attack Bikes - heavy bolters

Predator Annihilator - heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor, smoke launchers

Predator Annihilator - heavy bolter sponsons, extra armor, smoke launchers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your army seems very elite indeed!!!

My spring break is the week after next. I would love to see your Wolves against my new Death Guard.

~kings

Bushido Red Panda said...

When is the next BFG tournament? It should be 'eavy this month and I want to do the tri-monolith thing.

Aventine said...

This Saturday, 3/8