Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oye O'Shovah

Did I mention I was making a tau farsight army? This list is about 25 points shy of 2000. Probably not too 'eavy, but after I won the battlesuit megabox or whathaveyou, I only need to get the devilfish and fire warriors now to complete the collection.

farsight
4 shasvre bodyguard
CiB/plasma rifle/mt
plasma rifle/missile pod/mt
plasma rifle/burst cannon/mt
plasma rifle/missile pod/drone controller/mt
marker drone

3 crisis suits
plasma rifle/missile pod/mt
plasma rifle/burst cannon/mt
team leader
plasma rifle/missile pod/mt
drone controller
marker drone

3 crisis suits
fusion blaster/burst cannon/mt
fusion blaster/flamer/mt
team leader
fusion blaster/flamer/mt
drone controller
marker drone

6 stealth suits
2 fusion guns
team leader
drone controller
marker drone

12 fire warriors
shasui
markerlight
devilfish
disruption pod

12 fire warriors
shasui
markerlight
devilfish
disruption pod

12 fire warriors
shasui
markerlight
devilfish
disruption pod

2 broadsides
2 targetting arrays
team leader
hardwired target lock
hardwired drone controller
2 shield drones

4 comments:

Macros Paradox said...

Heya bully! You really should take the advance stabilization systems with your broadsides, move and shoot is good times with the broadsides!
signed, the tau player your imperial guard destroyed, when ya downed my 2 hammerheads in one turn.
Itching for a rematch!

Anonymous said...

Theres an awful lot of Markerlights/Drones spead out in the squads. Just remember that these bad boys are heavy 1 and would seriously limit your mobility. Id consider taking a group of pathfinders if i were you. Or tetras. Or making 6-man ML/2MD FW squads.

Just my 2 cents.

bullymike said...

The rules are different for jetpacks now. The suits can move and shoot with them. True tho the fws might not get as many opportunities to use theirs. As to the stability systems, I'll see after a couple of games but with a good setup they shouldn't ever have to move. With true Los they should usually be able to get the shot on any vehicles (their primary targets). Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

For the fire warrior squads I'd consider taking hw target locks with the shasui. Since the same squad can't benefit from any markerlight hit by the shasui, it is nice to light up something else. Mind you I've only played my Tau once against you and I was wiped across the floor, but I think it is sound strategy and only 5pts apiece. Let me know what you think,
-Jacob