Saturday, November 29, 2008

More of the Saim

More progress on the Hann host. The initial coats of mechrite red foundation are done on everything. I put the lighter coat of 50:50 mechrite/blood red on all the bikes, added the racing stripes (pain in the ass!) and started highlighting some of them today. I realized that the last list I posted for the Saim Hann is outdated - I changed it up a bit to add more bikes, a 4th vyper, and bright lances to the dire avenger wave serpent.

Farseer - singing spear, jetbike, runes of warding, guide, fortune, spirit stones

7 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 shuriken cannons
Warlock - singing spear, jetbike, embolden

7 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 shuriken cannons
Warlock - singing spear, jetbike, embolden

7 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 shuriken cannons
Warlock - singing spear, jetbike, embolden

10 Dire Avengers - exarch with defend, bladestorm, shimmershield, power weapon
Wave Serpent - twin-linked bright lances, spirit stones

2 Vypers - star cannons, shuriken cannons, spirit stones

2 Vypers - scatter lasers, shuriken cannons, spirit stones

Fire Prism - holofields, spirit stones

Fire Prism - holofields, spirit stones

Fire Prism - holofields, spirit stones

3 comments:

sovietspace said...

Don't show me pictures like this, it makes me want to start painting my Saim-Hann again!

Interesting that you went down the mechrite/blood red route, I found that it really didn't work for me. Any advice on that mate?

Racing stripes are a real pain. I found that masking tape was a good aid to the process, maybe that will help in the future.

Good work with the army, hoping to see some more progress soon...

bullymike said...

Ya i was using painters tape, problem being you need to remove it before the paint dries or you get these raised lines like I did. Highlighting is making them look better though and it isn't as noticeable.

Get your JBs on the board! It'll be another month or two easy before I'm done with these guys.

Anonymous said...

if all the units have the same racing stripes how do you tell them apart? They look great BTW. Could you bring your Farseer to the LGS next time? I really want to gander at it.

~kings