Sunday, November 9, 2008

Warhost Progress

Making some progress on the Saim Hann warhost. I decided to use the new guardian heads and torsos for all the bikers, and they're still coming in the mail, so I got started on the bikes. I've finished the base colors for each, using mechrite red, boltgun metal, chaos black, regal blue, and shining gold.

Here's a nearly-complete prototype. He still lacks the Saim Hann decal and flag, the gems need a varnish, and I haven't decided exactly how to differentiate squads on their helmets(probably with stripes and solid colors).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Farseer looks sweet-- how about a close-up?

Fritz said...

Very nice, you have more jetbikes then me...

Three prisms are the way to go now in 5th since they can't really ever miss. Doing it again I would opt with them over my one, but I love vypers- the model anyway- wish they were at least not open topped.

RonSaikowski said...

Wow, your basic Guardian loks really nice.

I like the clean painjob and the fact that you went back and highlighted the red AND black along the edge of the bike nose piece. The details will really bring him to life.

Aventine said...

Looks really good Mike, I really can't wait for you to have this army done. You should throw some freehand snakes on some of them...

bullymike said...

I wish I had confidence in my snake painting skills, but I really want a clean precise emblem on each and it will be faster to use the decals too. Thanks for the comments all and ill try to get a Farseer closeup up here soon!