Thursday, December 18, 2008

Abaddon

I had so much fun playing with Abaddon in the last tourney I decided to tackle his actual model (before I was just proxying my own termie lord). I actually painted him once in the past, but ended up stripping and looting the miniature to make two different conversions. Jay very generously hooked me up with a clean slate and I started in, with the main goal being consistency with my existing terminators, who would be serving as his bodyguard most of the time. This was also my first model using the new GW inks, specifically badab black ink for the shading of the boltgun metal. All the other washes and inks are old bottles. He came out ok I think.

9 comments:

Bushido Red Panda said...

The homo-hair top knot makes me sad. :P

You'd have to be really damn far gone to do that to yourself. It definitely takes away from the "I'm the baddest mother fucker around" look...

bullymike said...

hey he's the baddest mother fucker around in SPITE of his hair. makes him even crazier. or maybe that's what's represented when you roll a '1' for his # of attacks: he has to stop and fix his do.

anyway he's got to appeal to slaanesh somehow, and his crazy old man face isn't winning him any beauty pageants!

Bushido Red Panda said...

heheh, true.

Democratus said...

Like they say in Firefly. "A man wears a hat like that, people know he ain't afraid of anything".

Great paint job, dude. You've inspired me to finally get around to painting my Lucius.

Capt Tyranus said...

I LOVE the face.

It may just be the photograph, but I would probably lighten up the base a bit for some contrast because the armor the base seem to blend into each other.

bullymike said...

thanks ct. as with all my stuff it looks best from about a foot away rather than zoomed in like this pic. ya the base looks dark, it's not so bad in person and it matches the rest of the army anyway.

bullymike said...

and thanks demo

CrusherJoe said...

Nice.

Very nice.

I especially what you did with the sword (whose name I've forgotten at the moment...).

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can watch the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.