Monday, February 16, 2009

More of the Saim

I've stalled out a bit on the jetbike army but hope to get back at it in the next few weeks. I played one game with them against Kingsley's Mantis Warriors a few weeks ago. It was fun even though I lost in the end. We were playing capture and control with spearhead deployment, if I remember correctly. I didn't play the eldar command unit well and also let one or two jetbike squads get assaulted, which never should have happened. I think the army might perform better after I get more experience with the art of evasion. And bah to the eldar codex for not giving me a way to use the last 4 points I have left over!

HQ

Farseer - jetbike, singing spear, spirit stones, runes of warding, doom, fortune

Autarch - jetbike, laser lance, mandiblasters

4 Warlocks - jetbikes, 4 singing spears, 3 destructors, 1 embolden

6 Fire Dragons

3 x 6 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 shuriken cannons

10 Dire Avengers - exarch with power weapon, shimmershield, defend, bladestorm
Wave Serpent - twin-linked bright lances, spirit stones, star engines

Vyper - bright lance

2 Fire Prisms - spirit stones, holofield

Falcon - scatter laser, spirit stones, holofield

2 comments:

RealGenius said...

You can get closer by giving your Autarch an Avenger Shuriken Catapult for 2 points.

Then if he ever gets stuck with the Dire Avengers, he can also Bladestorm.

Or take two Singing Spears off the Warlocks and give the Autarch a Fusion Gun. That doesn't make any sense, but if you are obsessive/compulsive and need to have your list exactly 2000 points, then that'll do it.

Anonymous said...

I think the main reason that you didnt win this battle report was that you forgot to use the Way of Saim Hann and not write a battle report that you lost... maybe next time you will remember the tricks Fritz uses :)

~kings