Monday, May 25, 2009

Catachans

I'm refitting my Tiefwalder army to serve as the Catachan 14th Regiment. I'm making an army with all three of the Catachan characters that will be something like this:

Company Command
Col. Ironhand Straken
2 Bodyguards
Regimental Standard
Officer of the Fleet
Astropath
Chimera - heavy flamer

Sly Marbo

Veteran Squad - Harker, 3 grenade launchers, autocannon

Veteran Squad - 3 meltaguns

Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command - 3 meltaguns, heavy flamer
Chimera - heavy flamer
Infantry Squad - flamer, autocannon
Infantry Squad - flamer, autocannon
Heavy Weapons Squad - 3 missile launchers
Heavy Weapons Squad - 3 missile launchers

2 Hellhounds - smoke launchers

Devildog - smoke launchers

Valkyrie - rocket pods

Leman Russ Demolisher - hull lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons

Leman Russ - heavy bolters, heavy stubber

In order to put this together, I had to take a knife to a couple of my old metal catachan models. There's a few touchups left to do but they're essentially complete.

Straken



Harker



Marbo

7 comments:

sovietspace said...

Im loving that Harker conversion mate, a really good job!

I'll be looking forward to seeing some reports of this army in action.

suneokun said...

I'd recommend taking the meltabombs option with Harker - the demo charge and meltabombs on the flank attack are devastating!

Col. Corbane said...

I'm liking those models, especially Harker mate.

Luis Bermer said...

Great catachans!

You have my link ;D

Anonymous said...

Yeah your Harker is really sweet. I think you will enjoy using him, even in a Heavy List. Is this what you are going to bring to the DL tourni? I think I am going to start using Stormtroopers...

~kings

RealGenius said...

Love the Straken with the metal pectoral, chest and arm. Not so loving the mold line on his gun. :)

bullymike said...

thanks for the comments.

that's not a mold line jim, it's a fin for speed.