Friday, May 8, 2009

Mechatachan

I've been having so much fun with Chimeras lately that I think I'm going to try to round up just 2 more and play with a full mech list. Ratlings are awesome, but I'm going to play without them for a bit. I could change up a few things and bring Marbo into this list but I'd just be losing firepower elsewhere. Mass chimeras are just awesome. They don't have armor for shit, really, but now that 5 things can shoot out of them without making them open-topped, and they're cheap as hell, why not put every last squad in one? I've decided to try hellhounds for a while instead of banewolfs. The chemcannon is great, especially since it's a defensive weapon and you can combo with the heavy flamer, but you do have to get them right up in the enemy's situation, leaving them wide open beaver for a usually explosive counter-assault (though that can be useful in certain situations). Plus against Guard and Orks I'll be up against a bunch of stuff that can shut down AV12 pretty easily (autocannons/lootas), so I want to be able to put the unescapable tongue of flame down on them at least once from a distance. Anyways, S6 AP4 does the job just as well against guard and orks as S1 AP3. I converted up a Devildog using the multimeltas from Demolisher sponsons and played my first game with it last night, but it was against tyranids so it didn't have that much fun other than burning an occasional wound off a monstrous creature. I will be keeping track of all the vehicles it destroys by painting kill symbols on it.

So here's that list I'm working on:

Company Command - officer of the fleet, flamer, lascannon, regimental standard
Chimera

Psyker Battle Squad - 9 psykers, 1 overseer
Chimera

Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad - flamer, autocannon
Chimera - hull heavy flamer
Infantry Squad - flamer, autocannon
Chimera - hull heavy flamer
Infantry Squad - flamer, autocannon
Chimera - hull heavy flamer

Veteran Squad - 3 meltaguns, lascannon
Chimera

Veteran Squad - 3 meltaguns, lascannon
Chimera

Hellhound - smoke launchers

Hellhound - smoke launchers

Devildog - smoke launchers

Leman Russ Demolisher - hull lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons

Leman Russ Demolisher - hull lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons

Basilisk

6 comments:

Bushido Red Panda said...

Now we're talkin!!!

Col. Corbane said...

I like that conversion mate. I've got three hellhounds, so two of them are going to get converted.

Nice idea on using the melta sponsors.

Jwolf said...

Looks like a very solid and dangerous list. Will be very linear in usage, but you've got plenty of tanks to do that.

I've found extra armour worth it on the Hellhound Chassis, overall, but that probably has more to do with my using them for blocking, which you have Chimera for.

Should be a damned hard list; will you bring it for Saturday?

bullymike said...

Either this list or one with ratlings instead of the chimeras for the 2 infantry squads. It would be nice to fit Al raheem in there to outflank with the mech infantry platoon, but hard to find the points and i'd need a astropath too...

Ha my word verification for this comment was "sproo."

Anonymous said...

Your list makes me wish I kept the Vendetta and Bastonne in my list...

Hope we don't meet on Saturday in any of the rounds. :)

~kings

zealot said...

great blog man. I'll be reading all your thoughts on the new guard book