Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Totally Bland Wolves List That I Still Might Use Cause I'm Kinda Pissed

HQ

Ragnar Blackmane

Wolf Priest - combimelta

TROOPS

9 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, mark of the wulfen
Wolf Guard - powerfist

9 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, mark of the wulfen
Wolf Guard - powerfist
Rhino

9 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, mark of the wulfen
Wolf Guard - powerfist
Rhino

9 Grey Hunters - meltagun, power weapon, mark of the wulfen
Wolf Guard - powerfist
Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Landspeeder - multimelta, heavy flamer

Landspeeder - multimelta, heavy flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land Raider Redeemer - multimelta

6 Long Fangs - 5 heavy bolters

5 Long Fangs - 2 lascannons, 2 missile launchers
Wolf Guard - terminator armor, cyclone missile launcher, combiplasma

Obviously not a very sophisticated strategy to go with this one. Just repetition + full speed ahead. I would definitely not use this for a hobby-style tournament, but for a heavy it might be fun. 54 Space Marines take a while to kill, generally speaking, and Ragnar's howl might make for some epic sweeps if timed right. Fuck a rune priest, anyways.

6 comments:

Cawshis Clay said...

Solid list. What cracks me up about a list like this is that folks keep telling me "Space Pups are expensive so you won't face as many!"

Riiiiight. I'd be hard pressed to field 54 marines with similar loadout and abilities as your list! Not critical, mind you. Just don't tell me the pups are expensive! They're a solid list!

That said, love the army. Especially the lack of rune priest. But I gotta ask...why are you pissed?

Master Darksol said...

Nice list to get a lot of boots on the field. Gotta second Cawshis and ask why you're pissed though. Something about Rune Priests?

bullymike said...

Eh just new codex reflux. Crabby.

Anonymous said...

He's just mad cuz I owned Arjac and Logan in one shooting phase... haha.

I think this list is how most SW armies are going to look. Nothing too crazy in the list, because every individual unit can do it all.

However I think a Rune Priest is worth it, simply because of the anti PBS ability with his staff.

~kings

Adam said...

Not tempted by the Blood Claw biker charge then?

mind you, you've got so many models here, I suppose you don't need them.

Skaven said...

I have never tried Blood Claw bikers. I take it that in order to get the most out of them, you should take an HQ with them for re-rolls etc?