Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Paging Ka'Bandha! Ka'Bandha to hospitality!

I'm excited about my matchup in this week's installment of the Horus Heresy campaign - the blooding of Signus. I was going to roll with the Witch Hunters again but I finally decided that they just weren't chaotic enough to represent the khorny minions of Ka'Bandha. So instead I'll be borrowing a couple mobs of muties from Aventine and teaming them up with my guard and chaos models to field a Lost and the Damned list, complete with a greater demon at the head. I'm going to scramble to try and put together some sort of captive blood angel to use for the demonvessel. My bloodletters will get to participate as well, but I'm going to use them as big mutants rather than the lame demon packs. We will actually have two weeks to fight this big battle out - this week's scenario is Firesweep from the Cities of Death ruleset. I know what one of my strategems will be! Can you guess?

HQ

Greater Demon

Chaos Aspiring Champion

ELITES

8 Big Mutants

TROOPS

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, autocannon

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, autocannon

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, autocannon

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, autocannon

20 Mutants - mark of khorne

20 Mutants - mark of khorne

FAST ATTACK

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, heavy bolter
Chimera - multilaser, hull heavy bolter, extra armor

10 Traitors - agitator, plasma gun, heavy bolter
Chimera - multilaser, hull heavy bolter, extra armor

Hellhound - pintle heavy stubber, extra armor, dozer blade

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ - hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters, pintle heavy stubber, extra armor, dozer blade

Basilisk - indirect fire, extra armor

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont mean to be rude Mike but I have a lot of experience with LatD having played Aventine a but load. I think you should take all of his mutants that he owns. They are 100 times better then traiters (worced unit ever). Especialy the 4+ armor ones.

I would also (if I were you) take your termis. They will be killer in city fight deep striking in! Also your Hellhound might be fun!

To conclude traitors suck more than devotees to slannish. Leadership 7 on a unit that costs over 100pts... bad economics.

~kings

p.s. I know you dont like advide but if you post your list i will make comments... epecialy ones you dont like. I am rooting for ya!

Aventine said...

He is using all my Mutants.

Also he isn't using any CSM units barring the one captured Blood Angel to be possessed by the GD...

I agree about the Hellhound though....

bullymike said...

well its my stupid idea to have a 40k blog, i will have to get over criticism. in the future you don't have to start out with an apology.

i would love to sub things in for traitors, and yes their leadership is abysmal, but a) i want it to be relatively adherent to the 'historic' event, ie no chaos marines yet, b) at least they infiltrate - in cityfight its going to be a long day for anyone clearing out buildings, and c) if i play who i think i'm playing i will outnumber him by at least 3:1 (again, in cityfight!)

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Hahah, damn if I could only be there Thursday night. Maybe I will stop by, hopefully catch the end of the game.

Anonymous said...

well i hope it went well for you.

~kings